We're a small think-and-do tank investigating the evolution of intellectual discourse as it shifts from printed pages to networked screens. There are independent branches of Institute in New York, London and Brisbane. The New York branch is affiliated with the Libraries of New York University.
Our partner organisations are
A list of our projects (roughly chronological)
if:book is our blog, the daily record of our inquiry into a wide range of topics, all in some way fitting into the techno-cultural puzzle that is the future of reading and writing.
- remix -- an aspect of all really popular media »
- brilliant essay about snapchat »
- snapchat is a clear indication that we're entering the post-print era »
- Speaking Truth to Power -- SocialBook version »
- a rare opportunity to see change happen »
- Speaking Truth to Power »
- Back to the Future -- In honor of Encyclopedia Britannica giving up its print edition »
- Mobility Shifts Conference at The New School »
- in honor of the centenary of marshall mcluhan's birth »
- an observer worth paying attention to »